Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Week 6: Brandon and Charlie

I must say I am proud of Brandon. He has shown himself to be a very loving and supportive brother. I feel it important to state this considering the perspective of others.

I've found incredible consistency in the No. 2 question I'm asked related to Charlie. The first is some variety of how is he/how am I/am I sleeping. The second, almost verbatim, is "how is Brandon doing with him?" It dawned on us that jealousy was something to watch, him having to step aside as the youngest in the house. What didn't dawn on us was what a major concern this was for the rest of the world. I am grateful for the concern everyone who knows us has. I am equally grateful for the answer.

Sometimes Brandon wants some attention. But sometimes I want some attention, as does Lisa, as do Dija and Stephan. I'm pleased that Brandon is turning out to be just like us. Pleased, and not surprised at all.

No comments: