Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Week 1: Wondrous Reality

It's Tuesday, July 1. Charlie is now one week old as he enters the next month. I am trying hard to keep track of the hundreds of joys I'm experiencing. Seeing his eyes change colors by the day. Observing my hands do a better job each time I change his diaper or put on new clothes. Appreciating Lisa every time I see her interact with Charlie, and appreciating her more when I take a step back and look at this complete, spectacular life we teamed up to make but for which she did the heavy lifting. Laughing as he holds his hands up like he's being robbed as he eats. Staring at newly working eyes that stare back, not so much at me but at a world of angels and happiness that must only be known to infants. He reaches out with those long articulate fingers, and I sit in hopes that whatever he sees reaches back.

1 comment:

Jada's Mommy said...

Thanks so much for sharing these special first moments with us.