Thursday, July 17, 2008

Goodbye to Gram and Papa

My parents are heading out today. Since Charlie's birth three weeks and two days ago (!!), one or both of my parents have been here. Lisa, the kids, and I have enjoyed sharing in Charlie's first weeks with two people who are, with no surprise to me, turning out to be the greatest of grandparents. Charlie will surely miss Papa's soothing touch and Gram's soothing voice. I know I will too, but I'm already looking forward to the next get-together.

Incidentally, today is Charlie's original due date. I can't imagine what the last 23 days would have been like. We're already received his insurance card and his social security card, he's had his doctor's appointments, he's been to restaurants all over the North Shore, and he's been an active participant on Earth. Plus, I'm sure Lisa's equally happy to have him on the outside as the weather has turned hot.



1 comment:

Julianne said...

Beautiful! Congratulations! I got your voicemail, then got a little distracted, but I am so happy for you family! I can't wait to meet Charlie!