Monday, January 24, 2011

The Little Imp

Charlie has taken to running into a room while emitting what I can only describe as an impish squeal: completely mischievous, utterly playful, and quite bold. He's moved from hiding any wrongdoings (such as taking Brandon's toys as his own) to announcing that mischief is imminent.

I wonder where such things come from. I learn more and more how much we are already pre-programmed (not in a literal sense), especially in areas that I would have assumed would be environmental. Maybe this is why so many people have such major differences from their parents. This is great when a kid for exceeds what others in a family has achieved. This is terrible when a child from a great upbringing does terrible things later in life. Regardless, it's a good lesson for me to not focus only on what I can teach my kids, but to also observe who they are instinctively and learn to adjust.

No comments: